Monday, December 5, 2011

Of D&C and Rota Virus....

Today we are going to talk about D&C,according to Medlineplus Medical Encyclodia,D and C is a procedure to scrape and collect the tissue (endometrium) from inside the uterus.

Dilation ("D") is a widening of the cervix to allow instruments into the uterus.
Curettage ("C") is the scraping of the walls of the uterus.

As I shared my recent misscarriage,this was our last alternatives since the doctors have tried giving me prescriptions and giving me meds to clears out my uterus...it was the longest sleep I had after two years off no deep sleep after having Ai'syah,cause she fully breastfed.When the doctor give me a heads up that I'll feel nothing but sleepiness I was quite nervous since I never experince general or local anesthesia.I can feel the meds kicked in and bam!I'm in lala land!I can hardly open my eyes after almost two hours,though the procedure only took about 30 minutes..Only the next day I realized that its really over,the babies I carried for 11 weeks are now really gone...I had mixed feeling of relief and sad but I need to sucked it up since Ai'syah was having a terrible dierhea,she cried everytime she pooped and her soft bottom had this nasty redness which just made it worse.
Meanwhile,earlier that week I've already booked place,cakes,and invited bunch of friends and family for Ai'syah birthday party,something that I decided to do inspite of all the things happened to me..Its just seemed not fair to skip my princess birthday cause ummi was sick..Then at the night of her party,princess dierhea worsen,she now puked!Party had to go on,she was smiley all thru the night,though she was pretty scared of the A & W bear.But I can see her getting tired from everything and puked again before we leave the party..The next day,we decided that we need to take her to the hospital,jumped straight to emergency room cause she starting to look fatigue,doctor examined and decided to do a swab test,and then told us that she had Rota Virus,something that we didn't see coming...But the good news was she's showing signs off recovering as the doctor point that Rota Virus can't be detected early,only when its almost over then only they could tell..Alhamdulillah,she's revovering well...
So there you goes,my episodes in the hospitals...

No comments: