Tuesday, November 3, 2009

I'm not ready to make nice...

Yesterday while I was browsing my tv's channel I stop at these particular documentary on one of the movie channel.It is basically about the Dixie Chicks and how they were struggling from this one controversial comments that one of them made about Bush who was the president at that particular time.(I think its in 2003).Anyway,one of them said that they're ashamed that Bush came from Texas cause he was all into wars at that time.And being one of the leading country band they are,almost all these typical rednecks that are the main listener to country music were angry at them..They practically boycotted them and they even get a death threats..Craayyyzeee!I know..

Anyway,after all the nasty stuff they have to go through,in 2005 they came out with a single entittled :I'm not ready to make nice. Proclaiming that they would not appologized with the whole stuff cause they are right..Guess what?They gain more fan from outside the country music world and won five out of five Grammy's nomination that year!I guess it's true what they said"there is no such thing as bad publicity?"Anyway, I love this songs and its lyric...Yesterday only I discover the whole story of the song.. My internet is acting up soo I can't really post the video clip here..:(

p.s:I also found out that the lead singer is Nathan Petrelli's (Heroes) wife!hehe..

2 comments:

Faizah Roslaini said...

I love their song yang satu tu..landslide. sedap!

ctfadzlin said...

ske gok lagu tuh,tapi lagi ske lagu ni..:)